Tuesday, November 4, 2008

EASY Homemade Bread Recipe

I got this recipe at least 20 years ago. Maybe more. It turns out perfect time after time. I got it from a woman in one of my older wards. Her name is Loy Billings. Thanks Loy for the tried and true recipe that's perfect for winter baking!

White or Whole Wheat Bread
(4 loaves)
1/2 c. warm water
Sprinkle sugar
2 TB. yeast

5 c. hot liquid
7 c. flour
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. oil
1 TB. salt
add yeast/water, mix well
Add enough flour for soft dough (about 5-7 c.)
Knead, put in pan, let rise. Bake @ 400 for 30 min

7 comments:

lori said...

Hey Arlene-
Sohow is the experiment going? call me...kinda vague isn't it?
Love,
Lori Lee

ari said...

Hi Lori,

Experiment crashed. I am no good at this. How about you? Please call and let me know I am VERY interested. Get my cell from Karry, it is not long distance that way.
Arlene

Mal said...

You are right this is very easy to make! And we still use it weekly to make rolls for Sunday dinner with my family. Thanks for sharing it with us. Oh and those pumpkins turned out so cute. I really like them!

lori said...

Hey crasher-
Listen you-if i can do it you can do it. I'm pretty sure no one likes to eat more than me....I will get the # from Karry. Don't give up. How about when i do it again you do it at the same time???ooh baby...
Lori

Nelson News said...

Arlene,
I found you through Shannon's blog. How are you? I see you are still in young women, fun for you. I ALWAYS remember this bread when I take the sacrament. It just can't be beat. Glad to have found you.
Love,
Amberlee (faulkner) Nelson

Denise said...

I'm going to have to try the recipe, sounds nummy. AND you are back at doing crafts???

Jenni said...

Sis Billings famous bread - that's probably the best breat I've ever had. I remember going to her house on Saturdays and helping her make it.