Sunday, August 10, 2008

Zucchini Cookies


Cindy asked for this and so here it is. I actually made some and they weren't too bad. This recipe came from my sister Carolyn and NOTHING ever tastes as good as when she made it for some stupid reason. But....they are still good.

Cream together: 1/2 c. shortening, 1 egg, 1 c. sugar. Add 1 1/2 c. shredded zucchini, 1 tsp. soda, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt. (1/2 tsp. of each) 2 c. flour, 1 c. chopped nuts (I never use the nuts) 1/2 c. choc. chips (more like 1 c. probably.)

Mix and drop by spoonfuls on a lightly greased/sprayed cookie sheet. 350 degrees for 15 min.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yay, thanks! Not that I'll ever misplace the reciped I jotted down :)

The Bischoff's said...

I was telling someone about these- Oh Jen Yancey! I will have to make some for sure!!! Thanks